View Single Post
Old 02-04-2012, 12:01 PM  
XPays
Team Player

Location: Inside the most accurately counting and reporting affiliate system in the world at XPays.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roald View Post
So its completely owned by MediaRevenue now?
transition in progress, yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by lagcam View Post
Evan, do you think maybe the way you have this set up is preventing bidding activity?

I am not, and of course, nobody can, doubt your ability to close major deals, but there are many many domains in this auction, and almost zero activity.... unless of course there are a lot of bids, "outside the system" (in which case you should get them in the system quickly to encourage others).

In my humble opinion, having the reserve as the starting price is a mistake. Surely allowing people to make a significantly lower opening bid would generate a lot more interest which in turn could help build momentum.

If I saw a domain I liked but was unsure whether it was worth the reserve price, being able to make a bid on it and seeing whether others were also interested might help convince me.

It would also give the domain owner the chance of continuing negotiation with an interested party (through you) after the event.
i hear you, but i don't think that is an issue at all. we have run several auctions with the same exact model and the last one in sept was so well participated that it crashed. never know how the auctions will finish. secondly, bidders should and usually don't hesitate to request a reserve reduction if they feel a name warrants it. if i had to be super critical, i would suggest that many domains are priced above market. there are also names priced below market. if the auction does not work out, we can keep pushing with fixed prices for our clients and hopefully the exposure provided for the names works out like usual... thanks for your feedback and we'll have to wait and see how the auction finishes.
XPays is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote