View Single Post
Old 02-06-2012, 04:28 AM  
BradBreakfast
Confirmed User

Backing up 2257 information with DropBox and Evernote

Has anybody thought about using DropBox to keep 2257 information backed up off-site and to the cloud?

If your concerned about keeping model ID's on file "in the cloud" there is a 3rd party app called BoxCryptor which is also free (for up to 2 GB of data) that encrypts files "file by file" verses contained based encryption like TrueCrypt. The reason you want file by file encryption is so that when you modify individual files, the entire container doesn't have to be re-synced but only the file itself.

I've started a 2257 database scanning the relevant ID and contract information to my DropBox account then Evernote automatically imports those documents from my DropBox folder. This gives me search and tagging functions for the required 2257 search-ability requirements, but also Evernote (once synced + an hour or two) will OCR all the information on the ID so it's also searchable.

Using both Everote and Dropbox gives me dual company redundancy. In the event somebody conducts a successful key logging attack on me, I also have everything burned to CD's.

Thoughts?
BradBreakfast is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote