View Single Post
Old 03-01-2012, 03:15 PM  
thmvp20
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaliga View Post
hows your site/s going?
Wow. I am surprised and even a little flattered to see my post from May 2011 resurface in Feb 2012.

I guess it would be pretty cool to add a little update now. First of all, this IS the thread that got me started in the right direction. I think I wrote the original post in my second month, and before that I had been doing everything wrong and wasting time and money in the process. And then I had a lucky break because I wrote this post expecting nothing in return, but Adraco was generous enough to offer up some excellent advice. And the best thing I took from that advice went something along the lines of "Get yourself a bucket of patience and don't expect anything at all during the first six months".

Because I know for a fact if I had not read that bit of advice, I would have given up long ago, maybe after the fourth month when my income was still $0 and I was putting in a lot of work.

But I kept this "6 month rule" in the back of my mind and built two networks that were based on my interests and I had a "December to remember" and by this time I had officially attained my original goal which was to make enough earnings to pay off my student loans without it coming out of income from my unrelated full-time job.

Between September and December, each month was better than the last, but then in January 2012 the pattern finally died down and I was back to researching and trying out different strategies and ideas, which is where I am now.

So while I didn't get rich overnight or anything like that, I can still say with full confidence that there is money here... I made money doing this, enough to attain my first goal and realize there is always potential for more. It starts with some good advice, good resources (like Gfy), and with good organization (especially if you're flying solo) and structured approach.