View Single Post
Old 03-27-2012, 08:57 PM  
TMM_John
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Keep it simple. Hire from outside of the industry (primarily), don't do remote employment (have an office), have them on salary (with room for growth), provide good benefits and an enjoyable work environment.

10-15% seems very low in my opinion, but I'm sure it depends on where your other expenses fall. For instance, as a software company, the majority of our costs are staff related. For someone producing a tangible product, or reselling goods, I'd imagine that that would not be the case.

Use a payroll service such as ADP or Paychex, they're extremely cheap for the amount of headaches they take care of for you and the extra services they can provide. We've tried both and have ended up with ADP in case you're curious.

The BIGGEST part of it all IMO is having an actual office. You'll find that it will take your company up a level and it allows you to have things such as proper employees. Start there, start small, grow slowly & steadily. Treat your business as a business.
TMM_John is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote