View Single Post
Old 04-08-2012, 10:03 PM  
Paul Markham
Too old to care

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabe100 View Post
And if you were standing out in front giving out free samples because all the other pizza joints in the hood couldn't compare and you know it and they know it, you just might get some sales and return buyers.

Tubes are great for people with unique content. If you push generic shit the tubes will still benefit you because it will accelerate the inevitable and you can bail out faster.

DWB and Robbie love both of you, we just disagree on this one subject. No one is a loser or an asshole, for some the tubes work, others they don't.
Tubes are the major game in town. It's not a decision now of going with a method of promoting that will convert 1-1000 viewers or 1-10,000 viewers. The former is slowly dying.

I fully agree with the rest of the your post. If you produce something 1,000 others can't you have an edge. In terms of costs the odds on anyone having the skills to produce something unique and has mass appeal is slim. not as slim as someone having the money to produce something that's unique and has mass appeal. If you have the money, getting the people is easy.

Radical Bucks put up a thread asking for very good content. Madalton showed a very good clip. now the discussion is, has RB the money. I personally know 2 people as friends who can shoot the content Madalton shot ad can name a few more. If the client has the money.
Paul Markham is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote