View Single Post
Old 04-09-2012, 04:51 PM  
signupdamnit
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Here's kind of a bizarre example. This guy had some nice content but I don't think he ever had an affiliate program. He posted a goodbye message upon closing his site. At first it cited piracy as the main reason. Since then I see he has updated it to include a bunch of spiritual and religious commentary against masturbation (whatever, a variation on finding God I suppose).

Quote:
A huge thank you to all the people who paid their hard earned money for our content and helped to keep the site going. Thank you for your support, those of you honest people ? legitimate members, who purchased our content, rather then stole it.

Thank you all the friends ands site?s supporters.

Theft is a modern plague. There is no appreciation for other people?s hard work these days. Everything is for the snatching.

Thieves steal your card numbers and use them to register and rip content off sites so they can make money off of it later with your help. By supporting forums owned by thieves and by downloading, sharing content ? you put money in their pockets and become thieves yourself. Even worse you support theft and help it flourish. Think about it the next time you click on another one of those forum links.

Quote:
The Misery of Our Desires

I closed the site in year 2011, after 7 years. Thieves and pirates caused my business a great suffering. It was painful. I always put my heart into the site and considered it a form of art. I used to care a lot about what the content was like. But then I was disappointed to see that most of the people do not appreciate any of it. They even hate you, because you want them to pay for the work that you?ve done. They want it all and for free. I did most of the work myself and even modeled for many years. Seeing your work being raped is not something Id wish anyone to experience. But even with all of that, my site was still going. I lived hassle free, now with other people doing the production, and still making thousands.

http://www.young-goddess.com/

Someone posed this before. I think it was bns666 but this guy had some really nice exclusive content in his niche and has been around for a while. While it might be that really good content reduces the negative effects somewhat I think it's incorrect to say piracy still doesn't hurt good sites or that all the people going out of business had shitty content. This guy didn't have any reason to lie about it. And I know for a fact many pay site owners go to great extremes to keep their content off the pirate sites.

You don't like my posts? Put me on ignore or fuck right off. I'll say what I want.

Last edited by signupdamnit; 04-09-2012 at 04:58 PM..
signupdamnit is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote