View Single Post
Old 07-23-2012, 07:14 AM  
FoxtrotAlpha

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownLeopard View Post
So are you watching a screencap from my desktop while I'm working on my newest client? Same thing over here, but she's paying me hourly so it's all good. 154 files in the main, 9 in the includes (7 I added)....config and functions in plain view instead of secured includes directory and let's not even talk about what happened when I turned 'show_errors',1. Yeah, bringing it into PDO, making centralized files with an include library and such is what I've been doing the last 2 weeks.
That sounds horrific haha. I'd be in the same situation if I accepted the job I mentioned.

I blame all these freelancer websites (e.g. freelancer.com) since people often go for the cheapest person/team which then turns out to be a bunch of inexperienced programmers. At least you're getting paid hourly, because that'll take many, many hours by the sound of it :p
I don't think there's any reason to not use PDO or MySQLi these days, considering you can just prepare the statements and have input automatically sanitised, or even bind variables to simplify the logic.

Good luck with it, though, your client should be extremely happy once you're done, considering anything would be better than it is now.
FoxtrotAlpha is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote