View Single Post
Old 08-10-2012, 02:50 AM  
javinder_mn
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by wtwsl View Post
MaxMind is great, I use it on my dating site, and also on my ad server.

Don't be too excited about emerging markets though. China is a hard nut to crack - I've really struggled converting traffic from China, despite being fairly familiar with the culture.

India is a problem in that the traffic is low quality. You'll find that Indian and Pakistan men are fairly (for want of a better word) immature. I run a mainstream dating site and they frequently upload photos of cars, cocks, nude kids etc.

And of course there's the scammer/spammer problem to consider as well.
interesting insights on india/pakistan, I've heard that sort of thing before. we have some breast enlargement brands in our network that get a lot of traffic from south asia but few sales in comparison.

a couple of affiliates I've been working with have been trying out the WP plugin mentioned by FetishAssetsCom (thanks) and we have already been seeing significant improvements in conversion with targeted landing pages in French, German and Spanish speaking countries.

obviously having a decent translator is a factor, but the plugin itself and the simple idea of targeting specific countries with localised content means not having to compete in US/UK for meagre returns...
javinder_mn is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote