View Single Post
Old 08-26-2012, 11:25 AM  
krylon
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdultKing View Post
Watch this space.
You said mediafire wouldve lost processing, after you were trying to take credit for them giving up using paypal. I said I don't think so. As they didn't have an affiliate program, and Netload is still using paypal, and they have an affiliate program.

Quote:
The site we have has been under continual DDoS since we initially were supported by Hostgator for Hosting. We moved from Hostgator when they couldn't continue to sustain the DDos despite them having DDoS mitigation.
I never asked where it was hosted. You're saying a lot of the funds go to hosting?

Quote:
Are you really so naive that you think that this operation involves "sending emails to Paypal" and "searching Google" ?
No, I'm sayng the things you do don't require a fucking office.

Quote:
We need an office to comply with the law, where do you think our business address is ? We have offices for meetings, fax, mail, to answer our phones, conference facilities for the times we use them. All fairly normal things for any organisation, why is any of that strange to you ?
Is that an Australian law? Because I've never heard of such law in the USA.
You probably have some pretty big meetings and hundreds of faxes, and mail coming in where that office is a real necessity. I'm sure an efax service wouldn't suffice for this project. whew.

Quote:
Our systems aren't free, not much in life is, we pay fees to maintain our accounting and collaboration systems. We also pay fees to the accounting firm overseeing our finances and handling our company register.
LOL. An accounting firm for 5k? Wow dude. You really are lost. This is probably something you couldn't do on your own until the 'company' was actually bringing in enough money to need accounting. I mean 5k is pretty hard to 'account' for.

Quote:
You don't know a great many things, given your obvious support for the other side of this battle it's a good thing too.

Everything you say is simplistic, you demonstrate no understanding of how things work in the real world.
I don't have support for the other side. I just don't have support for you and your hypocrisy, and double standards. You can't even keep to one belief, you kinda go to wherever the wind takes you.

Sorry if my words are simplistic, but I don't need to 'dress' them up as you do to get the point accross.
Quote:
We have established a scalable corporate structure, with appropriate legal protections and advice. Piracy isn't just going away and we'll be dealing with much more than just file lockers as time goes on.

Quote:
Ok so who is going to spend $40 for a one day pass to a file locker ? Because there's one value for a bitcoin so giving change will be difficult.
Who said they have to buy 1 bitcoin? So if gold prices are 1500oz, people have to buy an oz of gold to get any?

Quote:
No, I just think things through a little more than most people on the opposite side of this issue seem to, you included.

You're so eager to come into this thread and disparage everything we are doing that you leave your brain at the door.
What do you think through exactly? How to fool everyone that you're actually making some kind of difference? I think not. You've taken funding from some obscure filehosts, who can't manage to get any other kind of processing, probably because they live in india, so they can't pay their affiliates. BFD. The actual hosts that matter, have adapted, and are doing just fine. So what that you 'interrupted' them, you did nothing to change traffic to them, or the support for them from uploaders.

My idea on you is this. You're trying to pump your company up, and make a name for yourself, so that you can try and do what companies like removeyourcontent are doing and charge people for your services. And I think I'm pretty right on this, otherwise you wouldve setup a non-profit.

Care to comment?

Last edited by krylon; 08-26-2012 at 11:26 AM..
krylon is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook