View Single Post
Old 08-26-2012, 01:03 PM  
epitome
So Fucking Lame

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rochard View Post
Where the fuck do people get this shit from?

I'm forty-three years old, and it seems the government cares a lot less about what it's citizens does on a daily basis. I can't remember the last time I spoke to a police officer, and it's easier than ever to run your own business. Information is at our finger tips, and we've been going through airport security since the beginning of air flight so it's really not that big of a deal.

Maybe you need to study your history a little bit better. There was a time in our history when we thought the world would end at any moment (cold war) and National Guard was shooting unarmed students who were protesting a war we shouldn't have been in (Kent State). Don't even get me started on the Civil Rights Movement where we killed Martin Luther Kin. Now our biggest fucking fear is the local Crispy Creme closing.

What's going to happen? Will they take away our guns? Will California succeed? Will Texas start a civil war? Will people riot because Obama is elected president (again?). Will the South rise again?

What the fuck are you afraid of?
The 24 hour news cycle where they always have to come up with stuff is what does this. Never mind people secretly want to hear bad news so they feel better about themselves so that's what they get so the media gets the ratings they need.

For news I kind of wish we could go back to reading one newspaper each day. People are suddenly freaking out about stuff that has always happened.
epitome is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote