View Single Post
Old 11-16-2012, 07:11 PM  
AdultAudiences
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragongold View Post
I think the impact on value will be negligible. The new algorithm only slams exact match domains that have poor content. EMD domains with decent content still receive a good bonus.
Agreed. They've tweaked the algorithm specifically to weed out spammy sites that were counting on exact-match domains to lift them into prominence. Such sites are full of pay-per-click ads and just enough worthless content to try to scam the spiders. But a real website, which will have other indicators of relevance, will still reap rewards from an exact-match domain.

Many people who were hurt by earlier Google updates are understandably touchy. Sometimes I find webmasters overstating the implications and throwing out the baby with the bathwater. I just hope they sell their premium domains to me at reg fee!