View Single Post
Old 12-06-2012, 05:48 AM  
Toyas

Industry Role:
Financial advice: Fair way to share profits?

First of all, I would like to introduce myself. I'm Toyas and I'm very happy to join GFY community. I'm developing membership site with unique take on adult comics and galleries scheduled to launch on 31st of March 2013.

I'm designing website layout and creating high quality content by myself. My friend is a webmaster putting it all together, he's responsible for the technical side. He wasn't paid for his work yet (he put 64h so far). I wanted to pay him, but he said not at this stage. He's working full time and helping me during weekends when he has time.

We will talk money soon. Unfortunately, I'm not good when it comes to the business aspect, especially profit sharing. I would be happy to start paying him now for hours worked and after site launches pay him by the hour. My plan is to improve the site constantly, so I will have more work for him than administrating. On the other hand I could pay him percentage from profits, but I have no idea how much it should be? I want to be fair to him and to myself.

I'm also responsible for marketing the website, he's helping me with this and he will do SEO.

If anyone can help me with this dilemma I will appreciate it very much.
Toyas is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote