View Single Post
Old 12-13-2012, 04:10 AM  
fonsolo
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
I'll start with you're subscription fee by saying that I feel if you shoot too high right out of the gate that you are going to get a wealth of angry members complaining about lack of content. Many sites that charge $29.99 and look "scuzzy" or as if they were designed in 2000 probably were and have been building archives of content since, so they can more than likely justify that price tags despite their ugliness. I just started producing content in September and I sometimes feel guilty charging $10/mo but my content is quality so no complaints yet. I suppose it comes down to how much flak your willing to take and If your front end looks appealing enough to convert your visitors.

Feasibility would depend on too many variables that can't be determined yet. Since there is no finite amount of product, the factoring issue is how much can you sell? Which essentially comes down to how many people visit your site and how appealing it is to those people. Too broad of a subject to talk briefly about so I'll move on.

As for models it really can vary. Some models will pose for free if the photographer is esteemed enough, but usually only if it can help their port. If it's one model solo JO(I'm assuming mean Jack Off?) I'd say $50-100/hr would be reasonable, especially for a guy who would be more easily coerced than a female. When looking for models I usually ask them their rates than barter a little bit.

You can easily find a release form template by Googling those exact words. Make sure you create a 2257 compliance page that lists who ever is keeping your records.

For cameras, you'll probably pay $3,000+ for a decent HD(1080p!!)camera, but if you're shooting for amateur, a $500 handy cam should do fine. When it comes to shooting, a huge aspect is lighting. For video you'll be using continuous lighting setups so be sure to look into that also(google).

As for the rest, I stopped reading you post due to the length. Hope that helps!