View Single Post
Old 12-26-2012, 07:20 PM  
livexxx
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
had full uptime over christmas with MOJO +

I also asked for a Rabbit MQ server to be set up on christmas eve if they could, they did that too, with a status rep on xmas day that they escalated to another dev, up on boxing day ++

Just in case though we also have round robin DNS with dns-made-easy to another host , just in case. IMHO the buck stops at my desk, if a supplier goes down, I've got duality built in myself.

So this would have been my story , Mojo went down, my DNS swapped to an alternate host in 5 mins already running a master-master SQL and rsync, nothing happened much. Down alert auto posted to mojo support desk just in case they hadnt noticed.
Mojo would have come back, auto DNS switched back in 5 mins after 3 successful tests passed. Auto regression suite tests ran on teamcity, all passed, nothing much happened. Party with family interrupted by text message that reads "All OK , systems online, 872 of 872 tests passed"

Check out DNS round robin, SimpleTest or PHPUnit and teamcity with a Jenkins build server somewhere in the loop. get some master-master SQL and a Rsync and you don't actually have to worry about your bread and butter going down ever. Your techies should be on this for 2013.