View Single Post
Old 12-27-2012, 07:02 PM  
mineistaken
See signature :)

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kane View Post
I don't buy it. If he really said that I think it might be about saving face. Kind of like when you don't get a promotion at work then you say, "I didn't really want it anyway." So you feel better about losing.

I don't think someone who doesn't really want the job spends the last five years of their life, plus a ton of their own money pursuing it. If he really didn't want the job he could have done a few things. First, not run a second time. Second, during the primaries he could have gone all batshit crazy like half the other candidates did and self-destructed. He could have also come out and been sluggish during the debates, but he looked like he really wanted to win the debates.
I assume its not that he wanted to lose on purpose. Its that he was not really interested in running for president, but was persuaded.
Like when you do not really want to participate in some race, but somebody from your family or friends persuades you. At that point you won't go and lose on purpose, you will still go for the win.

Last edited by mineistaken; 12-27-2012 at 07:05 PM..
mineistaken is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote