View Single Post
Old 12-27-2012, 09:26 PM  
mineistaken
See signature :)

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kane View Post
I guess I still have to disagree.
This isn't like running a race, or going to dinner somewhere that you don't want to go or something like that. It is running for the office of he most powerful man in the world. If he were talked into it by his family I don't think he would have tried as hard as he did to win because then he would have to actually do the job.

I love my family, but if they told me they wanted me to commit 4+ years of my life running for office (because he never really stopped after the 2008 election) and if I won I would then have to do the hardest job in the world for the next 4 years I sure as hell would not try to do that.

I think he really wanted to win and I think this is his son's way of trying to blow it off.
I assume its not like he did not want it completely, something like "Don't we have someone else from our party to run for the office?" Then "well, I guess I could run if you put a trust in me".
I mean maybe he was not very enthusiastic, but he was not completely against it either. Somewhere in the middle. Not wanted it really much, just wanted it enough to run.

Last edited by mineistaken; 12-27-2012 at 09:29 PM..
mineistaken is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote