View Single Post
Old 12-28-2012, 09:36 AM  
crockett
in a van by the river

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minte View Post
It still stuns me that a junior senator from a basically corrupt state with a background as a community organizer and zero military or business experience can run and win.

It speaks volumes of where this country is at and unfortunately for the next generations, where it's going.
What I find funny is that during the first election with Obama, the GOP did everything in their power to claim Obama had no foreign policy credentials and that he would be soft on terror, likely causing more terror attacks in the US.

He was elected and for the most part has largely dismantled al qaeda and killed bin Laden. Something Bush put us into two wars to do, yet never succeeded and largely gave up on it by the end of his last term.

Meanwhile you never hear the right saying anything positive about what he managed to accomplish. I mean after all those were the GOP goals under Bush and were the most important factors if you listened to them in the first election.

Obama has managed to do a better job on foreign policy than Bush and the GOP is quiet as a mouse about that, only to now bitch and moan about problems here in the US which they largely left ignored under Bush admin.

I can't count the amount of times I heard the right complaining about boarder security.. Yet Bush was in office for 8 years and did little to nothing to fix it.

It's like all the right can do is complain, bitch & moan, but they never have a solution except chanting their party line of no taxes for the rich..

Last edited by crockett; 12-28-2012 at 09:39 AM..
crockett is online now   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote