View Single Post
Old 02-04-2013, 03:44 PM  
SBJ
So Fucking Fabulous

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by onwebcam View Post
I read into this a bit more and this girl wasn't the waitress who served the Pastor she took the picture of another waitresses ticket and posted it. The Pastor called in and wanted everyone (both waitresses and both managers one off duty and one off duty) fired. Just the one girl was fired.
Yeah that article was poorly wrote cause the title/sub title says

Waitress who posted 'God receipt' fired
Pastor refused to pay automatic 18% gratuity

but like you said it wasn't even her waitress but a fellow waitress working there too.. Also she did actually pay the 18% tip as it was already added into the bill.. In the video the pastor said she left $6 in cash haha but with her leaving that note on the bill and with her being embarassed I'm sure she is just making that up..

This type of shit pisses me off cause I've been taught to always show respect to those that are serving you. So I tip very well. I also don't think the 18% auto tip for larger parties is too much as the waitress has to work 4 to 5 times harder for a table of 10 which this was compared to a table of 2.

To me if you want to take out your gf and are a cheapskate and leave her only a few quarters fine. But when you are a pastor and are bringing 9 other people out then tip well cause the waitress is working a lot harder and is prolly going to be there servicing your party a lot.

My motto is if you can't afford to tip don't go out. Go to a drive thru or prepare and serve yourself. Don't ask a waitress to wait on you for her base $2.13 a hour.

Now if I go out with just me and a girl and get really bad service I'll leave just 15% (compared to my 20-30% normal) and say something to the manager if he or she is around. It's never about being mean. I'll just say something like.. "Hey the food was great tonight but our waitress was a little slow.. Maybe she is having a off night or has other personal problems but again the food was great." By doing this you are letting her manager know that she might not be doing great and maybe he'll ask her if she's alright. If you leave her a small or no tip the only thing you are doing is making yourself look cheap. Also making the waitress in a worse mood and she will more likely to be a shitty waitress the rest of the night.
SBJ is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote