View Single Post
Old 03-18-2013, 03:09 AM  
andre/dv

webcam streaming setup

Hi all,
its been a while since ive been around here but started working on a project recently and now have the responsibility of managing setup of webcam streaming to a large network due for launch.

We are interested in setting up a web based webcam streaming system similar to that of live jasmin.

From what I understand we will need to implement adobe on the servers to handle the streaming, and flash for the webcam communication however in order to do the rest im not sure...

Our main system is built in Symfony 2, and now I must look to employ someone to integrate the webcams side into the system. In order to put the skillset required, I would need to know more about how it works.

I have noticed some people have mentioned flex and air, and would be very grateful if someone could elaborate on this, and offer an opinion of which direction I should move in..

We are not interested in using white labels and would require much of the features live j has on their web based cams.

Thanks in advance for any help you may offer,