View Single Post
Old 05-14-2013, 08:44 AM  
dogfighter

Industry Role:
How/Where is there still organic traffic for blogs?

I've had a number of blogs in the past that did pretty well in the SERPs, and I was starting to look into the possibility of building another when I noticed something...

Every. Single. Result... is a tube site. Whether I'm searching generic keywords or multi-token long tail terms, all I get in the search results are tube sites. I even include "blog" in my query and STILL... tube sites.

If the first 3 pages for almost any adult query are monopolized by the xHamsters and Redtubes of the world, then where are blog owners getting organic traffic from?

I tried running some searches in the niche I'm considering blogging about, just to see who the other bloggers are for link trades or whatever, but I can't find them because they're buried under pages of tube site results. This definitely wasn't the search landscape when I was doing my last blog, and I'm trying to figure out if it's even worth it now.

I know bloggers and organic traffic affiliates are still making money, so what is it I'm missing here?

Last edited by dogfighter; 05-14-2013 at 08:45 AM..
dogfighter is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook