View Single Post
Old 05-17-2013, 08:01 AM  
Choopa Phil
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by PR_Glen View Post

Sounds like you are doing more of a cut right now though at those levels. You CANNOT eat things like oats and rice on a cut. If you are gluten sensitive like a large majority of the planet it will just keep you swollen anyway. If anything save the rice and the high carb meals for post workouts. This will help feed the muscles and spike insulin levels for optimal protein absorption in the same step. Eating it before a workout or on an off day will just store as fat. Switch out cardio for hiit instead, it's more effective and you can get better results in far less time.
He will only gain fat if hes in a caloric surplus. Water weight yes, fat, no...i believe its 2.7 grams of water for every 1G carbs. You can still have carbs and cut weight without question, its just much faster to cut without them.

What I would consider for your goals is hitting the weights harder, dropping the TRX and start doing fasted LISS (Low Intensity Steady State) cardio. 30 minutes a day, 8-max incline 4mph, 4x a week. Once I introduced this cardio in line with my keto based diet, youll be sure to shred.

Last edited by Choopa Phil; 05-17-2013 at 08:09 AM..
Choopa Phil is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote