View Single Post
Old 05-17-2013, 02:35 PM  
Choopa Phil
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by PR_Glen View Post
a lot easier to be in a caloric surplus when you're eating rice wouldn't you say? ;) As you said it is possible to cut with eating carbs but if it takes you a lot more time whats the point? Isn't the goal to do these things as fast as possible?

I wouldn't recommend low intensity steady state or whatever you call it to anyone but a senior with a heart condition or someone recovering from injury.. Talk about testosterone stalls... basically anything longer than 20 mins cuts into gains, anything cutting into gains is slowing down fat burn. Hard and fast keeps test peaked from your workout plus has you burning calories for the rest of the day/night in the process where as long and slow stops as soon as you do. If your heart is up for it go hard for 10-15 then go home!

I understand where you get this from though, lots of gigantores at the gym finishing their workouts doing long and slow on the treadmills, but the thing is with them they are generally pretty lean already and not one of them gets cut faster than I do with my method.. took me about 25 years of trouble shooting to figure it all out but is very effective in a short spell.

edit: i just realized the Phil I was talking to.. I started on this path from your advice last year actually, your new avatar threw me off.

Haha yea I was tired of having people gauge their replied based on how I looked. But I didnt get that advice from any gigantore idiots, I got it from my coach who also does preps for many competitors. Kinda stepped things up a little bit. LISS should be done fasted up waking up, not post lifting. When you do that post workout you most definitely will start to cut into gains without question. Personally when I run (Yes, I do cardio now!) after a workout I sweat pure ammonia smell which is a sign of the body breaking down protein for energy.

You have to realize there is a time and place for everything and regardless of what ANY one tells you, this is more or less a journey of learning. Your body will respond to things one month, then the next you will see negligible changes and be stuck at a plateau. So please take all our advice together as a whole and apply it. Learn your body, track what you eat (this is the most important!!!!) Myfitnesspal is a great app to get if you dont already have it.

Personally I'm beyond "getting big" I had a great run of bulking from 110-192, now I want to cut and bring out all the hard work. Switched gear from eating anything and everything 24/7, to a perfect 3100 cal 20% Carb/ 40% Protein / 40% Fat Macro. And let me tell you, my blood work and my body has thanked me. I thought I felt good before, but now I feel great. Lighter on my feet if you will, brought back some athleticism!
Choopa Phil is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote