View Single Post
Old 05-23-2013, 01:41 PM  
sarettah
l8r

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bangeduppeaches View Post
I searched the forums and couldn't find it, so my first question to ya'll wise ones out there is this:

Can anyone tell me what server size/hosting plan I would need based on the amount of daily visitors I get?

Like for example, my tube site is currently being hosted through Certified Hosting, and I am currently using the "Nerd" plan. All of my videos are uploaded from affiliate feeds, so I dont have users uploading tons of vids and eating up bandwidth. For the time being it is suiting my needs as it's only a month old and I am only getting roughly 500 uniques a day. But I plan on implementing some trading and traffic buying and also I have an SEO strategy I plan on using that will should hopefully bring me more organic traffic.

So at what uniques/day am I gonna need to hop on to a shared dedicated server, and ultimately when do you need to get your own server going.

I don't want to start upping my traffic juice if my hosting plan can't handle it.

I appreciate your responses guys and gals.
Hello.

Just imho here. You should upgrade your server as the traffic needs require it rather than the reverse. I believe that many hosts will notify you as your server becomes stressed allowing you to upgrade before it is a major issue. In fact my host, M3server has upgraded RAM and disk for me before I asked for it. A proactive host is a nice friend to have in this business.

You should be concentrating on traffic and hoping that you can get enough to force your current server to it's knees. If you are doing it right you will be making enough on the additional traffic to pay for any upgrading that's necessary.

Again, that is just my opinion and is probably worth about as much as you just paid for it ;p

sarettah is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook