View Single Post
Old 07-19-2013, 07:06 PM  
signupdamnit
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentKnight View Post
I still remember that.

We had 30,000+ members in our adult Yahoo group back in the day with over 1 million views. I recall going through the Yahoo Clubs to groups switchover.
Man those were the days. I wish I would have hit them about five years before I did. If you knew the tricks it was a gold mine. Like for instance how putting spaces or some funny ASCII character before your site title in the links would put you at the top of the links list or how the calendar feature could be used to automatically post a message once every couple days automatically (forever!) after setting it up. I must have been personally responsible for over 1,000,000 links and messages there. But don't judge me too harshly I kept it in the adult groups and tried to stay relevant to the group.

Yahoo really fucked that up and they clearly don't know what they are doing. It's a shame. To this day it's a sitting duck for spam. It still could be useful for people if they got the spam under control but they either don't have a clue or they don't know how to do it so everyone left.

You don't like my posts? Put me on ignore or fuck right off. I'll say what I want.

Last edited by signupdamnit; 07-19-2013 at 07:08 PM..
signupdamnit is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote