View Single Post
Old 07-31-2013, 02:34 AM  
amateurWebmaster

Industry Role:
I am sorry about your 'case' Enigma1.
I think that most scams starts with price and offer details that are TOO GOOD TO BE A TRUTH...

My personal experiences as BUYER are something like this: if someone ask 50% it is OK, I know also the developer side, he won't spend, like somebody already said, 100 hours making working example that you are willing to pay $50, so best way is:
- reference
- talk with people who are in those references (people worked with developer/designer) before
- your personal impression in taling about job how much he/she is motivated (if developer asks many questions then probably think to really finish your job, if he/she 'understand' everything and have no question just waiting for payment before start then probably something is not ok)
- etc

On the other side, as SELLER, I had many times situation like this: someone want something to be done, I ask a lot of questions before making offer, and even more before closing a deal, and my price is for example $3.000

Guy (buyer) telling me after few weeks and 10 mails to each other, that he likes my reference and my approach to accomplish [SOME TASK] but my price is too high and my deadline is too long. Ok thanks, feel free to drop offer request for any task anytime. Then after few weeks we are going again: "XYZ gus scammed me for $1.000 no response from him for 2 weeks, blah blah..., I am ready to work with you now, but I will not pay nothing in advance..." Sure (I mean "suuure in some other life", ...)

Point is that all of us as buyers or sellers can be scammed, but we can act on that way to decrease chance for that to happens to us to smallest posible
amateurWebmaster is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook