View Single Post
Old 08-26-2013, 11:38 PM  
Esinem

Industry Role:
:mad YourMembers dump Zombaio & CCBill

It's great to know that CodingFutures (YourMembers WordPress plugin) don't value their users. First they dump Zombaio because they had some glitches, now I hear they are axing CCBill because it requires them to actually do some work to keep it running. As far as I can see, they have been losing staff and it seems to be pretty much a one man band now. If Tim Nash's attitude to 'customer service' is anything to go by, I can see why staff left. For months, I was told the Zombaio problems were all my fault, even though I paid them to set it up and never touched that side of things (I know when I'm out of my depth).

So, if you do feel compelled to install this flaky plugin, you can have the excitement of wondering which payment provider they will dump next when they come across a bug. Given their support forum was taken down in May due to alleged database corruptions and it is still not fixed, you can tell their level of technical expertise. I suspect the real reason was to hide the growing level of customer dissatisfaction ;-)

Discontinuing support for Zombaio
Written by Tim
on Wednesday, June 26th, 2013 at 1:18 pm.

It’s always sad to remove things from Your Members but we are removing support for Zombaio and CCBill both payment gateways require additional steps to work correctly. Both are designed to be used with their own membership software and the way we use them are becoming less and less supported. Other the last few months we have had an increasing number of issues with Zombaio, and while many customers are happily running Zombaio based YM sites more and more we are finding strange random users not having their payment purchased. As such and with little assistance coming from Zombaio we will be removing support as of YM12.2 release.

For those currently using Zombaio the gateway will continue to work with YM12.2 but will not be officially supported beyond YM13, we will be looking at launching Epoch with YM12.2 and continue to support CCBill in the next release and will encourage people to migrate to an alternate payment system. We will continue to work to support the existing gateway until the launch of YM13.

If you are unable to migrate from Zombaio, we suggest taking a look at wp-zombaio written by a former developer on Your Members it is a WordPress implementation of the existing, obviously its not a fully featured membership system but does provide.
Esinem is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook