View Single Post
Old 09-17-2013, 01:48 PM  
robwod
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naughty-Pages View Post
but there is some confusion with all of the new rules.. patiently awaiting your replies to them.
Personally, I find it pretty straight forward. The spirit of the new rules is get rid of spamming which I think everyone can agree was getting way out of control. Thus, iof you violate or circumvent that spirit, I would expect rules to be enforced. On the other hand, if people use common sense and post unique offers that are not obviously trying to circumvent the spamming rules, I would think everything should be fine (Obviously I speak with no authority on the matter).

Personally, if it were me, I'd have made it really simple:

1. One thread per week. No exceptions. If you can't wait to sell a bunch of things individually each week, then it's best to put up a webpage and use your thread to refer people to your page to see "all offers".

2. No bumping, that's the end of it.

3. Buy a sticky if you need to keep your thread on top for the day.

I can just imagine the backlash "my rules" would have gotten here

Realistically, these new rules may actually encourage others to post some of their offers who may otherwise just have gotten fed up dealing with the daily bumping and topic spamming. I suspect it'll be refreshing to actually look in this forum now and see a variety of items versus 10 or 15 of the same people with numerous threads.

Last edited by robwod; 09-17-2013 at 01:51 PM..
robwod is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote