View Single Post
Old 10-27-2013, 03:15 PM  
Klen

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by luqita View Post
Well, you can also hire an on-site programmer to work in your office, make him sign a work contract, and he can just show up and do nothing every day until you fire him, and you still have to pay him.

Hiring someone has many risks (other risks include a final low quality product, excessive time to finish the work, etc), and I believe it's a matter of balancing risk vs gain, and also doing the required diligence --checking reputation, previous works, references if any-- etc.

The people who are scammed are usually the ones who are looking for the cheapest possible option to start on their work 'ASAP', without taking into consideration the experience of the new hire, communication skills, and any other thing that makes someone a great asset to have around. Scammers will just fail in this area, and that's why I don't have any problems paying upfront, and also the reason why my clients don't have any problems paying me upfront either.

Just my 2c
Whatever,but in reality there is no fixed rule.I know plenty of examples where people with contracts were not paid.Also,as i have rule to not pay upfront unless reputable person,same goes when i provide service-i dont ask payment upfront,only after everything is 100% done,unless someone unknown, and that worked always except one time when i was'nt paid for full time work 1k$ but then it was pro con artist in question which beside me also scammed tons of other people even for 6 figures of money.
And another thing,when it comes to service providing,the one who order it risk more as he loses money then while provider loses only his time.
Klen is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote