View Single Post
Old 01-10-2014, 01:07 PM  
adultmobile
No, I am not banned

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewNick View Post
So if they empty their cookies, create a new account with a new email address and they have a dynamic IP, the camsite will have to work very hard to track the punter.............
Quote:
Originally Posted by XSAXS View Post
To help minimize fraud, cam sites generally verify a user's actual identity when they sign up. They do it by cross referencing name, address, and credit card info with ID databases. Its not 100% bulletproof, but they can do it with reasonably high accuracy.
There is also the opposite issue: if a cam program gives PPS (like $80+ per new user signup), and a same user will make many accounts for just $20 sale each (without clear cookies), the same user would generate many PPS payouts rather than one only, so the cam program would pay too much. Often cam users will make many accounts (without clear cookies) just because trying to fool a same cam girl with different personalities. He will be Tim the pervert, John the shy, and so on, they engage in silly games where they let the girl say to one personality something then verify by ask the same with another nickname and so on. It would be a financial disaster for a cam site PPS-wise for payouts.

I developed a few cam site affiliate systems and in some I have a check for the name entered in the credit card form, it compares it with previous names entered by same user before. If it is different it issues a warning, this is to identify fraud where a carder tries many credit cards within a same username (unlikely he is john then tim etc. for real!). The same check it is made also in first sale of each new user, if this name exists in previous users, a warning is issued. However, there are many John Smith's (same name but really it is a different person), so an human should verify the warning checking also ISP, Address or any else data, and decide. Can not be automated really, this is why "fraud people" are people and not automated sofwares, these can only issue warnings but needs an human to edit things by hand.

Said this, the cam sites of course focus on checking id against fraud, and against pay too many times a PPS for a same individual. It could theorically check against missed revshare, adding the affiliate IDs by hand, but probably this is not popular. The cam sites I am currently involved in do not give revshare, only pps and cpa (free lead), so it is not applicable, but honestly I would have not instructed the admins to check this, I don't know what other cam sites are doing.

TubeCamGirl.com
adultmobile is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote