View Single Post
Old 01-19-2014, 10:41 PM  
Captain Kawaii
So Fucking Banned

Industry Role:
Good answer. great idea, the board and the bribe and the bribe is sweet. Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fspwebmaster View Post
As far as banner placement goes the answer is no, but there is still an advantage to posting on a regular basis.

I set this bribe up for 2 reasons, one is the fact that I need content on it and the second was to reward those people who made the effort to help me and the people who posted first get top banner placements, the slow pokes get their banners placed lower on the page.

Granted it's not a huge reward because the site is new and doesn't have much traffic yet or any PR. That's why I said I would leave the banners in place for at least 2 months.

In all probability I will probably leave them much longer. When the site gets to the point where I can offer paid advertising I will simply move the banners down one position on the page.

Now on to the advantage, the newest pictures are always on the top of the page, not only the homepage but each category page as well. Also you can link your photo to any website you want (as long as it's legal) and the links are all dofollow.

I didn't want to be like sex dot com and screw the people over who helped to build the site.

So if you want to get good banner placement get in now, there are still lots of top spots in many categories. The banners don't move down the page unless I move them, so the "early birds" get top spots, everyone else shows up farther down the page.
Captain Kawaii is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote