View Single Post
Old 03-05-2014, 03:52 PM  
Adraco
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by longpig View Post
A genuinely fascinating thread, a big thankyou to all the knowledgeable folks out there who've contributed to this. A couple of questions:

Firstly, I had read that this blog farm model wasn't working too well any more, is it really so easy to fool Google with SEO Hosting and domain privacy? Does this seem to anyone the kind of system that is likely to get penalised in a 2014 algorithm shift, or do you think it's vaguely future proof for now?

Secondly, videosc mentioned this sort of business model might be nearing retirement - if so, what's the alternative? Is there an Adaco for 2014 to step up and school us on the next big thing?

Many thanks,

Andy (:
Adraco is still here...

It is NOT easy to fool Google, do not even think you can - because Google knows...! The model described above will work, even today, but clearly with a lot less return on your invested time and energy. Nevertheless, it will work and it will earn money if done right.

The alternative today is to build Tumblr sites or other small "few-pages-sites" on free hosts, load it up with ads and sell popunders on the page too. Make the site earn $1 a day and then move on to build a new one. Build-and-forget, with zero costs for domains or hosting, you will start earning a lot sooner.

Nevertheless, you will need some own hosting for your important sites, the one you give some extra love. If you do want to give some credit, please consider signing up for my preferred host, Amerinoc, at the following link:
https://cash.amerinoc.com/idevaffili...d=104&tid1=gfy
They have served me well for years and continue to do so moving on. Excellent service and good prices too.