View Single Post
Old 04-09-2014, 07:08 PM  
TheMadness

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by qnjgoldman View Post
Were you running some kind of third-party plugin on the WP sites? WordPress isn't without its problems, but the default install shouldn't be vulnerable in the way you're describing. As long as you keep it updated and aren't adding plugins or third-party modules with obvious huge security holes, your site should be pretty safe. There are also ways to harden it to discourage people/bots from even attempting to exploit it.

There are definitely other platforms, like Joomla (which I think is even worse as far as security goes), but it sounds like you really just need to hire a competent webmaster/server admin.

WP will also let you run actual sites - you just need to do some tweaking to remove the "blog" features. I have a number of sites I've designed for people based on WP that don't even remotely resemble a blog (if you're wondering why I used WP, it's because the client needed something simple to help them manage it, and the projects didn't necessitate writing an entire custom CMS).

I did have some third party stuff, so that was probably it. I'll give WP another shot. Thanks.
TheMadness is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook