View Single Post
Old 04-20-2014, 09:08 AM  
Ruseful
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shap View Post
I agree 100%. As the saying goes we could get the band back together pretty quickly. That said there's no point in doing something half assed. If you start a paysite from scratch you start it and you fuckin kill it. Just like JT did. He had the money went balls to the wall and smashed it. That's the way to do it. To do it that way you need to really throw down the money at the beginning and get everything in place properly. It wouldn't be cheap. It wouldn't even be guaranteed. It would be a big ass job. If I were to make that type of investment, both financially and physically, I'd want it to be something else. I couldn't go through the start up phase of a paysite company again. It's a bitch. For that level of investment I'd rather try my hand at mainstream and fail horribly but have something to say I did in mainstream.

Another thing I'm not interested in is running a company from the get go and being responsible for all the paperwork, the legal, the accounting, basically the core infrastructure. Not many people realize just how much paperwork we had at Twistys. I think it was an entire truckload just of 2257 papers. Absolute insanity.

To get back into adult I have to find something fun. Everything above is not fun.

I think the best way to put is probably the way my wife has described the idea of having another child. She'd love to snap her fingers and have a 7 year old but doesn't have the energy or desire to go through pregnancy and baby phase again.

You get to a certain age or certain point in life where the pregnancy and baby phase is something you've gladly done and enjoyed but have no desire to do it again. That's how I feel.
Thanks for the recognition Shap