View Single Post
Old 08-14-2014, 07:28 PM  
Barefootsies
Choice is an Illusion

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorSharpe View Post
By application I was talking about the web or desktop based software you use to create the mailing, manage your lists, and track stats. I didn't mean develop your own MTA; an MTA isn't an app. They are two different beasts.
Again, this reinforces you do not know what you're talking about when it comes to an MTA and what is out there on the market. Many, not all, already offer this stuff built in. You can track your openers, clickers, unsubs, FBL's, and all of that. You can segment your lists, build your creatives, import them from ad networks via their API's and so on. It all can be done within the MTA. You can even manage your ip reputation and rotations to keep the from getting BL'd in the first place if you are running clean lists.

Quote:
I've already stated that "for me" outsourcing to a place like SES is economical, it may not be for everyone.
Exactly.

Quote:
You're making assumptions that people don't know they have to be compliant. Being compliant has nothing to do with whether you send using a service or send via your in-house setup.
You're getting sidetracked with nonsense. That was not my point at all.

Quote:
Bingo.... Anyone can buy software and set up their server and send email. However, this is like saying "All I need to do is put gas in my car to make it go". There is a lot more to emailing - DKIM and SPF, approved senders... And when you run into problems and a large ISP is blocking you, what do you do then? You can't call Microsoft or Google and ask them to unblock you...
It sounds like you do not know a lot about mailing making such comments. That being said, I have a lot of experience and am simply trying to help the O.P. in looking at all solutions available so they can pick what is best for them. I do not have any dog in this fight other than years of experience. I am not trying to shill a product, nor do I have any ego or machismo involved as I do not get paid to win web duels.

With that being said, unless you know about both ESP and hosting your own mail solutions, you do not know what you're talking about. However, if something like Amazon has worked out well for Razorharpe and the little newsletter he sends, that's great!! However, as I said, it is not a fit for everyone and there are other options available out there. Both hosted, and otherwise.

Link1 | Link2 | Link3

Enough Said.

"Would you rather live like a king for a year or like a prince forever?"

Last edited by Barefootsies; 08-14-2014 at 07:30 PM..
Barefootsies is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote