View Single Post
Old 09-16-2014, 09:50 AM  
InfoGuy
80/20 Rule

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by celebiz View Post
Damn guys... I just did 2 years in federal prison for tax evasion... in 2006-2010 I was making about 1M every year as an affiliate in the exposed celeb niche and well I cut the IRS short on my payments to them, not that I didn't pay them anything, I paid a lot... I just skimmed off the top a bit. Thinking ah no biggie if anything they will just ask for the back pay and maybe a fine... shiat... they came at me like I was a damn mobster, raided my house in a private gated community at gunpoint took all my shit and threw my ass in jail. I still can't believe how hard the IRS/FEDS came at me. The judge gave me the same treatment... treated me like a POS, I have no record at all and he gave me the maximum on my guidelines saying that I was scum for the business I was in and a crook for cheating the good people of the United States by not paying all my taxes due bla bla bla.

Anyways, it has been a ruff last few years and I am ready to get back at it again... I was curious if anyone knew of any exposed celeb sites that are paying on time and converting well with targeted traffic? I tried Gossip kings for a second but went like 0:2000 and that aint going to cut it... I am used to like 1:150 on my sites. Now I know it has changed a bit since 2010 but could it be that bad? One of my sites gets about 20M Google term searches a month but I need to get the site back in a good spot in the serps as being gone for so long hurt my rankings... hell I was not even indexed in Bing/Yahoo because of a .htaccess error lol Damn, hope I can do this shit again.
Where do you live? Do you think local community standards had anything to do with the length of your sentence?

It sounds like you were able to keep all your sites, which is a huge advantage to rebuilding your network of sites. You're lucky the feds didn't confiscate them and sell them off to the highest bidder. Good luck!
InfoGuy is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote