View Single Post
Old 11-18-2014, 05:48 PM  
EonBlue
Apocalypse

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaDalton View Post
cutting down trees while producing more CO2 = imbalance

you cannot seriously believe we can just produce as much CO2 as possible and let the trees take care of it - while for example in Brazil every minute rain forrest of the size of a football field disappears (=being cut/burnt down)
Increased CO2 = increased vegetation growth. We are nowhere near having too much CO2 in the air.

Anyways, I don't want to hijack the OP's thread with an argument over the effects of CO2. I agree with the sentiment of the thread - I am all for planting trees and preserving woodlands. Deforestation is a bigger problem than CO2 emissions and the former deserves the attention, and funding, that the latter is receiving.

Sadly, much of the rainforest that is being cut down around the world is being cut down to grow sugar cane to produce ethanol that is burned for fuel in place of oil to reduce CO2 emissions. The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

EonBlue is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote