View Single Post
Old 12-01-2014, 09:10 AM  
DamageX
Marketing & Strategy

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jel View Post
why? my point is that whenever someone says eg there is no other intelligent life in the universe, the 'clever' people chime in with how despite zero proof of it, it *must* exist, and it'd be 'arrogant' to assume we are the only ones here. Yet get a thread like this, and all the 'clever' people chime in with how it's retarded to think there could possibly be any form of *something* that exists.

that *something* doesn't necessarily need to be ghosts, just like intelligent life elsewhere needn't be little green aliens (and just like 'god' needn't be a man in the clouds).

My 'work that one out then' sentence relates to how it baffles me that people can keep an open mind about one thing, despite zero proof, and also understand that advanced intelligence may be wildly different to anything we imagine, yet those same people have completely closed minds and concepts about what 'ghosts' or 'god' is/are and instead choose to assume everyone thinks that the *something* has to be an old dude in the clouds with a long white beard, or casper the friendly ghost
I wasn't arguing against your point. What I meant by that was that it made my head spin, trying to make sense of it due to the way it was formulated.

If you don't do it, somebody else will - true story!
DamageX is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote