Thread: Business Zombaio: PM from our CEO
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2014, 12:33 PM  
WarChild
Let slip the dogs of war.

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MainManRay View Post
im getting ready to email all my remaining members in there ill never see the money for and give them a step by step guide how to chargeback (complete with free letter) and then they will get a 3 month free membership using a new proc who pays and isnt a fucking titwank like those idiots

for those who remember its DMR and iBill all over again
Before you fly off the hook and get all emotional, you might want to carefully consider this whole idea and run the whole thing by a lawyer.

I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice, but it seems to me like this is a bad idea. I don't know if you've ever actually done a chargeback yourself or not but it's not as simple as "I just want to charge this back". In order for it to be quick and easy, without having to go through an "investigation" by the card company, the reason for a charge back has to be pretty straight forward; Card used without permission, Goods not received, etc.

If your customers call up their bank and say "Yes I'd like to charge back this purchase because the business I purchased the product from told me to because they're having trouble getting paid by their merchant account", there's very little chance it's going to be simple. At BEST the customer will have to submit their statement and it will be reviewed by the bank, a process that takes a little while, usually. That's a lot of hassle for a customer to go through and there's a good chance it still won't work in the end because from the customer's point of view, they did buy it, they did get it, no problem.

So the only way for it go easy with the bank is if the customer says they did not make the charge. The problem here is that this is fraud. Again, USUALLY you can get away with this and especially with high risk stuff the bank will just believe you up front. That's different than ADVISING people to do that though.

If you're going to try and "punish" Zombaio, at even the slightest possibility of expense or liability to your own business, you're a fool.