View Single Post
Old 12-11-2014, 03:17 AM  
EliteWebmaster
Confirmed User

:mad Anyone know of a good Internet Enforcement lawyer?

I was wondering if anyone knows of a good lawyers firm specializing in Internet Enforcement type cases. I think I have the basis for a good lawsuit against Oakley, their attorneys representing them over at Greer Burns & Crain, and quite possibly against Paypal.

Long story short, I owned a domain and when I dropped the domain and didn't renew it, godaddy releases it to the public as is often the case. Someone bought my old domain, and used it (I assume) to sell counterfeit Oakley merchandise. Oakley had the domain seized and brought legal proceedings against the guilty individuals. This is where the story goes terribly wrong (at least for me), Greer Burns & Crain goes after ME by informing Paypal that they are working on behalf of Oakley regarding this Case No. 14-CV-5718 and they have a temporary restraining order against me. And then in October, they instruct Paypal to garnish my Paypal funds because of this Case in favor of Oakley.

Yes, that's right folks, Oakley gets Paypal to garnish my funds in this case.
All the while, I was NEVER the owner of the domain as it was dropped and not renewed. All of this can be backed up by Godaddy because I even received a cancellation from Godaddy informing me of the cancellation of this domain back in July 1, 2014, this is way before any criminal activity took place.

I sent this letter below to Greer Burns & Crain ([email protected]) as these were the attorneys working on behalf of Oakley who ordered the temporary restraining order and garnishing of my Paypal funds.

To whom it may concern,

I have CC a copy of all parties involved in this potential lawsuit (Paypal, Ebay, Oakley).

Summary:

I have been informed by Paypal that you placed a restraining order and garnished funds from my Paypal account regarding a matter between Oakley vs Partnerships Case No. 14-CV-5718 relating to the sale of counterfeit goods bearing Oakley and Ray Ban trademarks.

First of all, I want to stress that I have NEVER EVER sold any type of Oakley or Ray Ban sunglasses on my site. The site in question was "DynastyEmpires.com". I owned the domain for a few years and it operated as a Video Game site right until I closed down the video game site sometime in May 2014. You can see screenshots of the video game site on Achive.org which is well known web archive site that screenshots domains. And if you check Archive.org, you will see the actual video game site that I had owned:
https://web.archive.org/web/20140517...tyempires.com/

If you did your due diligence, you would have seen that the domain was NOT RENEWED by me and DROPPED. This can be all verified by Godaddy.com if your firm did the proper investigation into the domain name. I have proof and have attached it in attachment showing the cancellation of the domain by Godaddy.com in July 1, 2014 showing that the domain "DynastyEmpires.com" was cancelled on my account on July 1, 2014 as I did NOT RENEW the domain. The domain was then released to the public by Godaddy to be registered again. I stress once again, I DID NOT OWN Dynasty Empires after July 1,2014

Your firm has unjustly accused me of something I had no part of or any knowledge of. It's the equivalent of me owning a car that I owned but sold, and then the car was used in a criminal activity and I am accused of wrongdoing?

I will be seeking legal counsel to discuss proceeding with a lawsuit regarding this matter against your firm Greer Burns & Crain, Oakley, Inc, and Paypal including it's parent company Ebay for falsely accusing me of criminal activites in this matter, listing me in court documents, unjustly garnishing my assets in my paypal account, etc.. unless a settlement is reached that is amicable and satisfy this unjustly false accusation.

I will await to hear from you and your solution to this matter in your earliest convenience. Govern yourself accordingly,
EliteWebmaster is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote