View Single Post
Old 12-17-2014, 11:12 AM  
DWB
Giggity

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by EonBlue View Post

Cuba as we know it now is a repressive police state shit-hole with no freedom for its people. Everyone should be saying good riddance to Cuba as we know it.
Haiti is a shit hole. Cubans have it made compared to some of their "free" neighbors. Free education, free healthcare... that stuff comes at a cost. I'm not saying I support that, but they are going to be really ass out when they no longer get those things and have no skills whatsoever. Then the wealthy (and everyone else) will pour into Cuba, visit all the foreign businesses that will set up there, and 99% of the Cubans will get nothing from any of it. It's a messed up situation to be in, and there isn't a simple solution. Their freedom (whenever that happens) is going to come at a great cost I'm afraid. Look to their neighbors for shining examples of what will become of most of Cuba.

I wish it were that easy to ditch their government and open the place up, but it's not. It's going to come at a cost.
DWB is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote