View Single Post
Old 12-25-2014, 02:27 PM  
WannabeMiddleMan

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSquealer View Post
When i was young, i noticed that i would frequently be a dick to a hot girl as a sort of pre-emptive measure to make sure i didn't have to deal with being rejected by her. It didn't take long before I noticed the strangest thing... the harder i tried to push them away, the more attracted they became. I was going home with the cute girls without even trying. In fact, i was usually confused about it myself.... because the conventional wisdom is that girls want a "nice guy".
Dam, you're spot on with this and I've recently experienced this.

I met a girl through a friend, she is average and not my type (a bit too much of a tom boy) but we met and I was friendly, but I didn't spend anytime with her that evening we met.

The next day we randomly met at the same live play and we chatted, was just chilled.

A few weeks later she got my contact details from her friend and she sent me a message, we chatted and I took her out on a date.

I didn't feel any attraction, but I wanted to give her a fair chance so I took her on another date and that confirmed it for me, but she was very keen.

She would give me compliments, she would chat about things I had done, remember things I had said, chat to her family about me, offered to cook for me etc. Basically she really liked me, but I didn't feel the same way.

I wasn't interested, so I would say a few mean comments such as she should date guys that would walk past, she should date her best guy friend, I offered to get her a guys number etc.

These were things that felt terrible saying as I got that feeling in my spine that as a gentleman I shouldn't say things like this to a girl, but I was trying to be mean on purpose to push her away, but gently.

I eventually told her I'm not looking for a relationship, I had to tell her straight as I felt it would have been unfair to drag her along and play with her emotions.

To this day she still sends me messages, we chat etc - and I wonder if this is the bad boy thing you're talking about?
WannabeMiddleMan is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote