View Single Post
Old 12-25-2014, 02:56 PM  
TheSquealer
BANNED

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannabeMiddleMan View Post
Regarding hero's, Harvey from the series Suits is a hero to me.

He doesn't take shit, he's never under pressure, he always has the answer and he is one of the best closers, in the show he can take any woman home.

I have in business said to myself, what would Harvey do - as on the show he finds creative ways to deal with issues and he is able to read people, able to handle situations tactfully etc.

Maybe I need to apply this Harvey attitude to more of my life, particularly dating.

Not being the nice guy is going to be an extreme change as that is the only approach I have ever used, and to be honest I haven't got far - not far at all.

Maybe its time for a change, maybe I should show some attitude, let them know I'm awesome and they would be lucky to be with me.

I see myself as always being a gentleman, from bringing her a chair to opening the door etc etc

I once nearly even asked a friend if he would rather let his girlfriend walk so he could give this girl a lift instead - she saw this and it didn't go down well.

Truth is, I could write a decent list of times that I think I've made mistakes with this girl that we're discussing now.
It's important to understand that you don't have to be mean or a dick or get an attitude. It can be playful and fun. You have to be something thats congruent with your personality... you just need to stop doing some simple things that demonstrates weakness, lower social value etc.. It doesn't have to be a radical personality change. I mean, you can jokingly say "i'm shocked you haven't offered to buy me a drink yet" to a girl you just started talking to and have a funny reply to why you never buy women drinks or something or that disqualifies yourself as being interested in her like "you're not the type of girl i buy drinks for" .... where she obviously asks "what type of girl do you buy drinks for" and you have a funny reply ready,... or something that piques her interest, makes her ask more questions and leads into another funny conversation and keep the conversation moving with scripted stuff if you need to, until you don't need to.