View Single Post
Old 12-25-2014, 03:34 PM  
WannabeMiddleMan

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSquealer View Post
The point is that you have to start somewhere and with something. No way is perfect. But winging it is not good for someone who has to start from the beginning. It's always better to have prepared topics of discussion, lines/jokes etc adn use them and learn to use them better and better until you don't need them.

;)
I was at a club this weekend and I met a lovely girl, this is how it went down.

I saw she had a local registration plate, which was good - so she walked into the club with another female, she looked around and then went to the balcony. The whole time I was observing.

The two of them stayed there and I was trying to muster up the courage to go talk to them. I thought maybe they didn't know anyone, but I wasn't sure.

A few minutes later a guy walked up to them, and they chatted. Now I was getting pissed with myself because that could have been me.

Then they went into the club and another guy spoke to them, now I was in third place.

Eventually they sat close to me and I mustered up the courage, the one I liked was alone so I put my hand out, introduced myself and asked the basic questions such as:

1. Do you come here often
2. What do you do, we chatted about her job, education etc and then mine
3. I asked about pets, I'm a huge cat fan and that gives me an opportunity to show them pictures of my cat on my phone. (hope this isn't showing weakness?)
4. I show them a picture of when I had a beard and I ask their opinion if it looked good
5. We chatted about some other mundane things

I usually offer her a drink after some chatting, or if I feel the chatting has got slower or has stopped. If they say no I am a little taken back, but I try to keep the convo going then.

At this stage I started to sweat, but I could feel it was a lot of sweat, the type that sweat beads started to form on my forehead and under my nose etc (sadly this happens when I'm nervous or in a sticky situation - I sweat, a lot!).

So I faked a phone call to walk away and wipe the sweat with a handkerchief.

I got a drink and later got back, now a little cooled down and we chatted a little more.

This above is basically how all my encounters have gone so far, any advice on what I'm doing? Are my topics terrible? They do seem boring, but that's how I've mainly been doing it?
WannabeMiddleMan is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote