View Single Post
Old 12-25-2014, 05:24 PM  
Faust New England

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon_Spicecash View Post
The online adult entertainment business is not what it used to be. There are a vast multitude of reasons as to why that is, and as many opinions as there are people in the industry ? but regardless, the fact remains...it is quite a bit more difficult to enter this industry and succeed than it used to be. Keep your expectations low and treat this business as you would any other. Don't be fooled by the glam and the glitz...it takes a tremendous amount of time, effort, money, blood, sweat and tears to make yourself a part of that glitz and glam ? it doesn't happen easily, and it doesn't happen quickly. The people that enjoy it today earned it the hard way, and you'll have to do so as well. In short: Plan in advance ? have options to work with, keep some capital aside to sustain yourself while your site develops and grows into something profitable ? keep your expectations low, but aim high
Is it possible to set your expectations too low? I want to do some amateur content production to one day release on a clip store, pay site or sell the rights to outright. I have no delusions of getting rich off of this; if I can make enough profit to pay off my modest rent while I keep my day job, I'll be happy. Is that a reasonable expectation?

Might it also be beneficial for someone to set a financial limit for themselves? Like, a pledge to quit once they spend a certain amount of money that there's no likely hope of earning back?

For example, I've pledged to devote no more than $30,000 to this over the next 3 years. Once I've spent $30,000 and am not close to earning any of it back, I'm out. Think that is a good idea?
Faust New England is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote