View Single Post
Old 12-31-2014, 08:28 AM  
Barry-xlovecam
It's 42

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry-xlovecam View Post
It's all about the sue-to-get-rich business model

Prenda Law - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Like this shit-stain and his clients
S̶c̶r̶a̶t̶c̶h̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶ I read it backwards first thing in the morning ...

Amazon is trying to protect their brand using trademark dilution in their pleadings with the court (*this lawsuit). This looks to me as a bluff. Fyre spends his cash or capitulates by default. There is probably enough merit in the filing on the suit (just enough) ...

The lawsuit should be dismissed as without merit to proceed past preliminary hearing. I think they are going for a default and then plan on demanding the surrender of the name or using the court case to negotiate a purchase. Fyre may have seen ''deep pockets'' in Amazon and asked (demanded) an unreasonable price for the domain -- I have no actual knowledge and say this in speculation ... Nor should this be construed as ''legal advice''.

They would stand no chance in a UDRP mitigation so they took the civil suit route -- there are 3 criterion that must be met.
  1. The domain name is identical or confusingly similar to a trademark or service mark in which the complainant has rights;
  2. The registrant does not have any rights or legitimate interests in the domain name; and
  3. The domain name has been registered and the domain name is being used in "bad faith".
Barry-xlovecam is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote