View Single Post
Old 01-06-2015, 02:13 AM  
TylerBang
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rochard View Post
A lot of people here on GFY mock me for this, but the best thing I ever did was joining the United States Marine Corps.

I left home at age 16, dropped out of high school, and less than two years later I was homeless, a drug addict, and getting by on petty theft. I was in a downward spiral and no one was able and / or willing to help me. Joining the Marines was part of the plan; Both my father and his father were Marines. My high school had a great culinary program, including a full restaurant open to the public, I was already night manager of a local restaurant, and from there I wanted to be a cook in the Marines for four years, then on to a culinary college, and then perhaps go to work in Vegas as a chef.

Life got in way, I left home and dropped out of high school, and hit rock bottom.

The Marines changed my life, and I still apply what I learned there every day. I don't sit in bed and say "Crap, I don't want to get out" but instead I bound of bed ready to tackle the day.
Before I opened this thread, I was thinking the same thing.

I can't say it was the best or worst decision but it was the biggest.

Lightning from the sky - thunder from the sea.
TylerBang is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote