View Single Post
Old 01-06-2015, 03:41 AM  
kane
Too lazy to set a custom title

It may sound odd, but making the choice to give up my apartment and not have a permanent place of residence. My early 20's were pretty wild. I was writing for a music magazine they were sending me all over the place to interview bands, write pieces ect. It got to the point where I was only home for a week or so every couple of months. I had always had a stable place to live, but decided it wasn't worth paying the rent on a place I was rarely at.

It was a strange feeling being without a permanent home and not really having somewhere to "land." I could fit everything I owned in a couple of suitcases and I have to admit it was actually pretty liberating. At times it was scary, but it taught me that I can take care of myself and that material things are just things. They don't define you and in the end they likely just chain you to a specific lifestyle or existence that you may not even want.

I learned things about myself during that 4 year period that I still practice today about 20 years later.
kane is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote