View Single Post
Old 01-06-2015, 02:37 PM  
AdultKing
Raise Your Weapon

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyber View Post
Thanks for the thorough explanation.
So your sites are/were basically honeypots to gather intelligence and evidence. Sting operations are always a tricky issue to defend, so I understand the initial confusion.
No they weren't honeypots. The term "honeypot" is what WDF & Nukepiracy labeled them as.

All they were was a set of eight standard everyday tube aggregation sites using tube affiliate programs. Many people on this forum run as few as one to as many as hundreds of the things.

In fact someone just posted a thread asking for tube affiliate programs to run just this kind of site. See: https://gfy.com/fucking-around-and-pr...-programs.html

All we were doing was running eight of these sites using different affiliate programs and tallying up what was pirated and what wasn't while creating a paper trail of the affiliate connection between our sites and the tube operators. This was in order to demonstrate that the tube operators don't just supply licensed content to affiliates but also pirated content.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creatine View Post
Is running s honeypot site legal though? Can I go set up a torrent site as a honey pot? Is that legal?
No it's not legal and doing that is completely different from what we were doing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyber View Post
Probably not legal. Unless you work for law enforcement in a jurisdiction where entrapment is an allowed practice.
Correct, however the sites were not honeypots, they were normal garden variety tube affiliate sites with content delivered by the tube affiliate program and embedded on the source tube.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Due View Post
It doesn't explain all the sites and the information about the past that he posted....
Also "getting taken back by the warez community" sounds a bit weird... He could just create a new name and be in LOL
I've never been a part of the warez community so I don't know where you got that idea from.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSquealer View Post
Of course not - the very purpose of doing it makes it clear that you know it's not legal and you can't claim safe harbor. Adult King got busted time and time again. He's a sick douchebag just as bad as the other guys. He is a weak, self important, self aggrandizing jack off that has stated time and time again that he is not going to be held accountable or answer questions, all while he acts as a self appointed judge, jury and executioner. He's just as fucked in the head as the guys who got banned are.
You're entitled to your opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creatine View Post
So why is AK not banned? He was breaking the LAW. It doesn't matter if he has good intention(I don't believe the honeypot story but whatever.), what he was doing is wrong.
If you want to ban me for running eight tube affiliate sites then you'll also want to ban a good proportion of GFY members, many people run these tube affiliate sites. They are common practice.

Many tubes license a great deal of content and many also cut deals with content producers. It is possible for tubes to only deliver licensed and authorised material to affiliates and this is a situation we wanted to work to bring about.

Quote:
AK's tube got DMCa'd and he did not respond. How do you think those content owners feel?
Actually the sites themselves received no DMCA notices. The DMCA notice issued was issued to Google to remove a few pages from Google search. Had we received a DMCA notice directly we would have taken down the content and then contacted the rights holder to explain what we were doing.

Quote:
(If AK has a response to this I guarantee you, it's going to be that i'm the biggest pirate around. lol Will wait and see.)
You were outed as a pirate long ago and by others. see: https://gfy.com/fucking-around-and-pr...ed-pirate.html

Summary

We have no wish to stop the tubes from running affiliate programs, all we want is for the tubes to stop supplying unauthorised content to affiliates. Some pretty big companies, some who advertise on this forum. What we do want to see is them only supplying affiliates with licensed content or authorised content. We'd also like sites like XVideos to start playing ball because it's one of the worst tubes when it comes to piracy.

For the first 18 months of running the Stop File Lockers project people complained we weren't dealing with the tube situation. Now that were are trying to deal with the tube situation by collecting reliable and usable data we're the bad guys for doing that also.

Tubes won't go away, but with enough pressure the pirated content can be reduced and it can be eliminated entirely from tube affiliate sites, this would be a great first step.
AdultKing is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote