View Single Post
Old 01-09-2015, 11:27 AM  
pimpmaster9000
Too lazy to set a custom title

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by laubaq View Post
that these cartoons were not providing any useful message and that reprint them was not helping a better understanding between people. They explained why they choose to do this and it appeared to me clearly that they could not have done something else : These guys have been born in a time when free speech was not granted, when church, family and institutions were still having strong censorship power. They grew against that system, they had free speech directly coded in their DNA. When the Danish newspaper got threaten by religious forces, they just reacted as they always reacted against censorship. No other reaction could have make sense for them.
?!?!

their explanation is very strange...they were specifically asked by the government, that was warned by security agencies, of an imminent and clear danger of a terror attack not just to "free speech coded in DNA" group but to embassies and international schools world wide, so basically to 100-s of innocent people...

so "the only reaction that made any sense to them" was to endanger 100-s of people so they could feel free about printing something that the whole world agress on is: not useful in any way?

Quote:
Originally Posted by laubaq View Post
However, this team was not standing against the muslin or the Arab community in France or elsewhere. They had a very clear view on the difference between the community we live with and the fundamentalists we fight against. After the controversial publication of a book on this subject two day ago, the main subject of the redaction conference when the shooting occurred was how their cartoon could help fight against the growing islamophobic feeling in France.
and they wanted to help the situation by insulting every muslim believer by drawing allah and making demonstrations happen and ultimately death threats and closing of embassies and schools?

I am not muslim and I do not believe in imaginary firends in the sky...I am not trolling I am genuinely interested in how you see their comic as anything else than adding fuel to an unnecessary fire?

how could they possibly think their cartoon would help fight islamophobia by insulting their religion?
pimpmaster9000 is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote