View Single Post
Old 01-09-2015, 08:10 PM  
AppYum

Industry Role:
Domain age is NOT solely based on whois registration date. He is 100% right.

For non SEOs this is a hard concept to grasp, especially on this forum, but domain age with respect to SERP is based on the following; Archive.org records, Googles compiled zone file from the beginning on internet history, and the current whois registration date.

I like to use this example... if AOL.com fell off the registry tomorrow and someone scooped it up; would it be a 1 day old domain?

Of course not.

I think there are some pretty smart people on this forum, so I assume the rejection of the facts of 'domain age' are just used to brow beat sellers into submission of selling good names at the lowest price possible.

Domains with a retained age are more attractive in some cases, but honestly ages shouldn't even matter; a good name is a good name. If Jizz.com was released, scooped up, and was 1 day old there would be a lot of interest for it.

Some advice... if it does not sell here... just do your own research for an end user.

GFY is great for a quick sale, but the most lucrative sales come from contacting an end user directly.

Good luck.
AppYum is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote